Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Cardiff
We have a wheelchair adapted vehicle to suit your needs
We have over 50 vehicles in stock and available to view online – we have a wheelchair adapted vehicle to suit your needs. Small 3 passenger plus 1 wheelchair vehicles (Renault Kangoo, Fiat Doblo, Peugeot Partner) to larger vehicles (Renault Master, Renault Trafic).
Feel free to browse through our vehicles available online – but this is being updated every day so if you cannot find what you are looking for get in touch as we can source wheelchair accessible vehicles Cardiff for you.
- All of UK – for sale & for hire all types
- Many makes and models of converted vehicles
- Daily Hire from £30 – Used For Sale from £2000
Discounted WAVs for sale? Call Us: 0800 8321 756
Having a loved one that is disabled should not be an issue especially when it comes to mobility. Though it would be hard for a disabled person to get in and out of the vehicle it should not be the case anymore now. Cars can be now modified or there are vehicles that are already made wheelchair accessible. That is there are vans that can be purchased ready for use of persons with disabilities. So, if you are planning to modify your van or you are canvassing for a disabled friendly van you should look for the following important factors:
- Look for a good wheelchair ramp. Having a wheelchair ramp makes the getting in and out of the vehicle safe and easy. Of all the options, the wheelchair ramp is the most affordable. Usually, the device is made out of folds and metal or wood. With this device, the wheelchair can be pushed up inside the van.
- Other option is the wheelchair lift. Compared to the wheelchair ramp, the lift is more expensive. Today, you can find in the market two main types of wheelchair lift. The first type is the one that allows the occupant and the wheelchair to be lifted all at the same time into the van. The other type is the one that allows the wheelchair to be lifted in a folded position. The lift can be operated mechanically. You just need to push a lever or a button. If the person is alone, he or she can use the device very easily. If the disabled person is the driver, he or she can easily enter the vehicle without the help of others. With it, the driver can independently do the driving job alone and safely.
- You should look for the safety lock. It is placed in the area where the wheelchair is positioned. The lock ensures the safety of the wheelchair and the occupant during the travel.
For all your wheelchair accessible vehicles Cardiff contact us today and view our stock online.