Blue Badge Holder Information
If you are a Blue Badge holder you must be aware of the following:
- Traffic wardens, parking attendants, police officers and civil enforcement officers ~ all have the power to inspect your Badge.
- If any of these people ask to have a look at your Badge, you must allow them to see it. If you refuse to do so, you could be fined for breaking the law.
- You can ask for identification and they should produce an identity card, with a photograph of themselves on it, which proves their identity.
If your Badge has expired, do not use it. An application for a new Badge should be done some weeks before the expiration date.
- You must return the Badge to your local authority if it has expired or if your mobility or medical condition improves and you are no longer eligible. If a replacement Badge has been issued to you to replace one that has either been stolen or lost, and the original is recovered, then the original Badge should be returned.
- You should also return the Badge if it becomes faded or damaged in any way so that it is no longer legible
- If you continue to use the Badge when it is no longer needed you risk being fined.
- Having a Badge does not mean that you are exempt from a road tax licence but if you meet certain criteria, you may be exempt.
- You need to display the blue parking clock to show your arrival time if you park on yellow lines or any other place where there is a restriction on time. This clock will have been sent to you along with the Badge. If not, you can get one from the same local authority.
- The Badge should be returned to the local authority on the demise of the badge holder.
- Blue Badge Holder Information
- Curved And Straight Stairlifts
- Freewheel Wheelchair Attachment
- Guide to Wheelchair Racing
- Kuschall K-Series Wheelchair
- Off-road Wheelchair Wheels
- Standing Frame
- The Importance of Upper Body Workout for Wheelchair Users
- The YouBike Arm Leg Exercise Wheelchair
- Walk In Bath
- Weight Loss Disabled Person
- Wheelchair Platform Scales
- Wheelchair Rollers on The Superhuman Show
- Wheelchair Training Rollers