Fish Insurance’s specialist disabled car insurance combines discounts for disabled drivers and Blue Badge holders, with cover designed specifically to protect people with disabilities or mobility issues.
Key Benefits of the cover include:
- Covers Adapted Vehicles, WAVs and Blue Badge holders
- UK breakdown recovery and legal expenses insurance included
- Free courtesy car, or up to £700 mobility allowance if a suitable car is not available
- Modifications and adaptations covered like-for-like in the event of a claim
For over 40 years, Fish Insurance has been providing specialist insurance in the UK for people with pre-existing medical conditions, disabilities, and mobility issues.
The many different types of insurance they offer includes Travel, Car, Mobility Scooter, Life, Home, Wheelchair, and Prosthetics, as well as cover for Carers, Personal Assistants, and those who employ them.
Each of their 80,000 policyholders have policies that have been specially designed to meet their unique and specific requirements. This means that unlike most general insurers, Fish Insurance policies feature disability-specific benefits such as protection for vital mobility aids, adaptations, medicines and carers.
- Covers vehicle adaptations & modifications
- Cover for wheelchairs and mobility equipment in transit
- Free courtesy car if required
- Mobility allowance if no suitable replacement vehicle is available
- Breakdown cover including Home Start as standard, vehicle recovery, onward travel, and cover for emergency accommodation
- Legal expenses cover as standard
Some general insurers may quote you a higher premium if you drive an adapted vehicle. Because Fish Insurance are a long-established disability car insurance specialist, they know from experience that if your car is modified it’s not typically to boost its performance or looks, but to be more functional for you. This means they offer discounts for disabled drivers, Blue Badge holders, and those insuring WAVs.
Fish Insurance’s Motor Policy includes, as standard, specific benefits to serve the needs of Blue Badge holders and people with disabilities or mobility issues.
See what we’re talking about
Calls to 0333 numbers are usually chargeable at a local rate from both UK landlines and mobile phones. These calls are usually included within network providers’ “free minutes” packages.
Limitations and exclusions apply to all Fish Insurance policies.
Fish Insurance is a trading name of Fish Administration Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities only. Fish Administration Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company no 4214119. Registered office: 68 Lombard Street, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 9LJ.